Sunday, January 30, 2011

Resignation

I hereby give up on this nonsensical 30-day challenge.  I have failed.

But I won't sit and wallow in my sadness for long....

I leave for Cameroon in T-minus 3 days!  These past few weeks, I've done a complete 180 and have been cramming in as much French as possible.  It was refreshing and exciting--I can't wait to practice when I get there.  In terms of other preparation, I am really on top of things: I applied for my visa a week ago and got it on Friday.  I just pulled some summer shorts out of the closet--and that's about as far as I've gotten in terms of packing.  I'm not too worried--getting ready for big trips has become pretty second nature (that doesn't mean I won't bring the wrong things, but now I know that fretting over it beforehand won't change anything!).  The one thing I can be sure of: large quantities of underwear are always a good thing.

And as blasphemous as I know this may be, I am thinking of re-naming the blog (big deal), as these adventures are no longer confined to the Americas!  Creative minds are encouraged to share ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment