Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The "Mommy's Choice" Look

DAY 08 - describe the style you had 10 years ago
(another day-late post)

Seeing 8- and 9-year-old girls today literally makes my jaw drop because a lot of them dress like stylish college kids.  I don't exactly remember what the 20-somethings were wearing a decade ago, but I can assure you that I was not wearing the same thing.  I will now discuss my lack of style ten years ago.

One aspect of my wardrobe that I very remember is several pairs of legging-like cotton pants in various patterns, colors, etc. with elastic waistbands.  At my elementary school, we tucked in our shirts every day so that we weren't distracted from all that learning we were doing by our sloppy clothing ("look your best to do your best")...and I wore cotton pants.  Needless to say, I generally looked great.  I didn't wear jeans very much (too stylish), but I do remember wearing an embroidered denim skirt with a matching denim vest for picture day.

Ten years ago, I had very short hair.  For this reason, everyone told me I looked like Shirley Temple (in hindsight, I'm pretty sure that was never true).  My hair length was the only part of my "style" those that was not invented by my mom.  Not that I really have a distinct style now, but I'm not wearing denim on the top and bottom, that's for sure.  At least I had clothes on, I guess!

1 comment:

  1. I also had those awesome legging-ish pants and I miss them SO much. This was a very comical post, Caitlin. I'm enjoying stalking your blog and finding out all these neat bits of information about you. :P

    ReplyDelete