Thursday, June 2, 2011

Getting Ready-- Again

So here I am at Kitchen Counter, House, Arlington, Virginia, USA, a little over two weeks into my visit home with only six days to go! Since being here, I have spent many of my evenings at Lost Dog, trying to get a little money (read as: minuscule amount) in my bank account since I don't anticipate having a job again until winter break. My mom and uncle and I have decided to get some of our backyard ready for vegetable planting (!!!), so we've been working on that a bit and--in theory--will have some spinach, green onion and cucumber seeds in the ground in the next few days (and hopefully something will actually grow even though it's a little late in the planting season...). Aside from this, I have been doing a lot more sitting around than I am really comfortable with. But that will certainly change beginning June 9th when I leave for Nicaragua, so I'm trying to accept/embrace it!

What I really should be doing instead of nothing is packing everything I own and putting it in one of two places: my backpack that will accompany me to Nicaragua, or my suitcase(s) that will accompany me to college. On August 17th, about 36 hours after I return home from Latin America. I am not going to lie about how extremely and surprisingly overwhelming this packing extravaganza is. I'm not in the college mindset yet-- there's a foreign country standing between me and it! But I know I'll be hating my life on August 16th if I don't have everything completely ready before next week...so I have to find some way to make that happen. My college pile is full of these crazy odds and ends that I'm hoping will eventually evolve into a group of belongings that actually make sense (Utensils? A mirror? Post-it notes? A small table fan?).

Everything will come together soon! And there's a lot to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment