Friday, May 6, 2011

Farm Fotos!

I haven't had much time to take pictures here yet--it rains SO often and we're always pretty hard at work--but here's some of the Foxhollow I've captured so far:

The first Farmer's Market of the season was last Saturday! We harvested like crazy getting ready.
Here are interns Mai and Lou washing and bagging greens.

And some lovely Foxhollow carrots!

A super rainy Monday paired with an enormous amount of Chinese cabbage meant an ENTIRE work day of making Kimchi (Korean sauerkraut-- yeah, we do a lot of fermentation here...)!

(Mai and Lou again...clearly they work hard.)

Before squeezing all the juices out and putting it all in mason jars to ferment.

This is the veggie shack-- Andrew and I live in the loft! And outside dwell the 100+ young chickens, ready to lay eggs in a few months. They are the Market Garden's babies.

And...shallots! I planted many of these, and they're GROWING!!! I have rarely ever felt quite this proud or satisfied. (Some of the seeds we plant are SO tiny! And then they grow into these ginormous sustenance-providing life forms.) How beautiful the mystery of plant growth is.

I really do have something to write about...soon. But Andrew is bored and wants donuts, and I must appease him since it's Friday night. Tomorrow morning is Farmer's Market for me (I proved myself worthy at our "mock market" on Thursday on the side of the road-- using two bunches of green onions as pom-poms for four hours did attract a little positive attention to our stand...)!

I leave you to ponder this until next time:

No comments:

Post a Comment