Thursday, March 31, 2011

Calling All Amigos!

Today, I am off to Houston, Texas for a 3-day training session to prepare for this summer, which I will be spending in Matagalpa, Nicaragua with Amigos de las Americas! I will be supervising high school students as they facilitate public health projects in various communities in the area. I am ecstatic to be working with AMIGOS again.

While fundraising for this endeavor is not really required, I feel that I owe SO much to this organization and plan to give it a try. (PLEASE don't cringe and close the page just yet!)

I know that everyone has a cause that is special to them and the whole world is looking for support. I also know that many of you--mostly my high school and college friends--might not even have a job, but just $5 from ten friends would make an incredible impact. I know there are many people who have very little to spare, and I deeply respect that. But many of us are incredibly lucky-- luckier than we realize!

On my donation page, I've written about my experiences in Paraguay in 2009 with this organization. In addition to doing great work in Latin America, I can safely say that my life will never be the same because of AMIGOS. I hope that each of you who is able considers a donation. Small numbers add up to big ones!


(Please click on one of these links!)


From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

1 comment:

  1. You have very generous friends. Don't forget to add that to the "+" column!!!

    ReplyDelete