Friday, December 3, 2010

The End...But Not Really.

It´s December 3rd, my last day of work at UBECI, the date that has briefly crossed my mind almost every day since I arrived, and it feels like any other Friday. Tonight is my last night with my host family (other than the 15th, the day before my flight), and I have not begun packing and probably won´t really be spending much time with them. My Ecua-life has become so second nature that it seems like today could not possibly be happening. Leaving is like abandoning what I´ve created for myself here (or, probably better said, what has been created for me by outside forces). I can´t exactly fathom an end.

I´m not saying I can´t fathom it because I don´t want to leave. Truth: I want to be home so badly. The end just doesn´t feel real right now! But I guess that´s because it isn´t really here yet....

Tomorrow night I leave for my 11-day Ecua-adventure. On the itinerary: Cuenca, a smaller, more historical city in the south; some other stuff in the middle that will hopefully decide itself so that I don´t have to, and a 4-day excursion to Cuyabeno (the REAL jungle!).

Stay posted for pictures of my final work week and travels. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment